March 4th is National Hug a G.I. Day. But at Career Quest Learning Centers, we think they deserve hugs every day! All our Veterans and active Service Members do.
Did you know that the term “G.I.” actually had little to do with soldiers when it first came to be? In the early 20th century, “G.I.” was stamped on military trash cans to indicate what they were made of: galvanized iron. Later, G.I. started to be used for all army-related supplies as meaning “Government Issued” or “General Issue.” Eventually, the id was attached to the men and women who served in the Army. It became even more popular when G.I. Joe was a comic strip in the 1940s and a child’s toy in the 1960s.1
Today, we know G.I.s are important members of the U.S. military. But at Career Quest Learning Centers, we honor all of our active Service Members and Veterans. Are you a Vet? You—and your spouse—could qualify for a 25% tuition discount in any of our Business, Healthcare, Information Technology, or Legal Studies programs.
If you’re looking for a civilian career you could love, check out all we have to offer:
· Wide variety of career-focused programs
· Certificate and Associate’s Degree options
· Passionate instructors from the field you’ll enter
· Blended learning with online and on-campus options
· Externship opportunities for most of our programs
· Career Service training and assistance
· Three convenient locations
o Mt Pleasant
To be eligible for your 25% tuition discount you’ll need:
· Veterans - Valid DD214 (discharge papers)
· Active Duty Military - Valid military I.D. card or certificate of eligibility
· Spouses - Valid military I.D. card
Are you ready to set yourself up for a new career and the chance for a better life? Give us a call now in Jackson at 877-365-8144, in Lansing at 877-481-4930, or in Mt. Pleasant for Medical Assisting, Certified Nurse Aide, or Phlebotomy, at 877-345-8505.
And thank you for your service! XO