I have no doubt in my mind that I’ll be successful. CQ has equipped me with the knowledge that I need.
Medical Assistant Online Programs Indiana
Posted: October 15, 2020
Medical assistants play an important role within the healthcare field. Not only are they responsible for getting the patient situated, but they also perform medical and administrative tasks. To excel as a medical assistant, students need training across several areas of focus.
Luckily for Indiana students, our online medical assistant program at Career Quest Learning Centers prepares aspiring medical assistants with all the training needed to begin a successful entry-level career. Our unique teaching approach makes it possible for Indiana students to earn their certificate in as little as 8 months.
Ready to level up your career? Keep reading to see how we can help!
What Is a Medical Assistant?
A medical assistant is an essential team member in any healthcare environment. They’re responsible for both administrative and clinical work, so no two days are the same.
In terms of administrative work, medical assistants may be responsible for scheduling appointments, greeting patients, arranging hospital admissions, and updating patient records.
Once in the exam room with the patient, medical assistants are responsible for taking medical histories, preparing the patient for the exam, and assisting the physician with treatments. These treatments could include:
- Drawing blood
- Performing EKGs
- Removing sutures
Learn at Home: Online Medical Assistant Program
Enrolling in an online healthcare program is the best way to learn all there is to know about thriving as a medical assistant. Each of our online courses is taught by industry-experienced professionals. That way, each instructor has insight into what it means to excel as a medical assistant.
Some of the classes included in this online program are:
- Allied healthcare procedures
- Medical assisting
- Anatomy & physiology
- Administrative compliance
We understand the importance of a strong resumé—and that’s why our medical assistant students have externship opportunities. Students will have real-world healthcare experience that may help a resumé stand out from other recent graduates.
Externships are also a great way to build a professional network!
Medical Assistant Certificates
Earning additional certifications while in school is a great way to show future employers your well-rounded skillset. Some of the potential certificates that students can earn at Career Quest include:
- CPR and Basic Life Support
- EKG Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
Why Enroll with Career Quest?
At Career Quest, not only do we offer an online program that students can potentially finish in less than a year, but our online healthcare school also offers several other benefits:
- No entrance exams: Unlike other schools, we don’t require entrance exams to enroll in our program. The only thing we require is a high school diploma or GED.
- No general education courses: One reason that students complete our program so fast is because we don’t require general education classes. The only courses in this program are related to the profession.
- Career placement assistance: Our Career Services Department is here to provide career assistance from day one. They can help create professional documents, provide interview tips and tricks, and much more.
- Lifetime career assistance: If you’re ever searching for a new career after graduating, our Career Services Department is here to provide the support you need. No matter how long ago a student graduated, they can always turn to our department for help.
Medical Assistant Online Programs Indiana: Enroll Today
Ready to level up your professional life? Eager to be a team player? Want to provide support to those around you? Earning a medical assistant certificate is just what you need to unlock your career goals.
Our online medical assistant program is now open for enrollment. Contact us today at Career Quest and see how you can start your new career in as little as 8 months!