I decided to go to school so that I knew my son would have a secured future.
Medical Assistant Program near Ann Arbor MI
Posted: January 4, 2021
Are you looking to make a positive change in your community? Working as a medical assistant is a great way to do so. Medical assistants work in a variety of medical settings—such as doctor’s offices, hospitals, and assisted-living facilities—and provide both clinical and administrative support to ensure each patient receives the care they need.
Enrolling in our medical assistant school near Ann Arbor, MI, sets students up for long-term career success, thanks to our in-depth online program. With the help of our industry-experienced instructors, students can earn their medical assistant certificate in as little as 8 months.
About Our Medical Assistant Program near Ann Arbor MI
Enrolling in our medical assistant school provides students the fundamentals needed to succeed as a medical assistant. Our programs provide in-depth technical knowledge and real-world work experience through an externship opportunity.
Courses in Our Online Medical Assistant Program
Our instructors use the feedback provided by our employee partners to fine tune the educational experience for students in Ann Arbor. This way, what they learn in the classroom is directly applied to their new career.
Courses taught in this program include:
- Allied healthcare procedures
- Medical assisting procedures
- Anatomy and physiology
- Administrative compliance
Earn Additional Certifications
Students can also enhance their education by training for additional industry-recognized certificates, such as:
- EKG technician
- Phlebotomy technician
- Electronic health records specialist
- CPR and basic life support
- Medical assistant
What Does a Medical Assistant Do?
A medical assistant provides a mix of administrative and clinical support to medical practices. They ensure patients are seen quickly and provided with the highest quality care possible.
A large portion of a medical assistant’s day may include assisting physicians with exams by collecting medical histories and prepping patients for the exam.
Other clinical responsibilities may include:
- Performing basic lab tests
- Drawing blood
- Taking electrocardiograms
- Removing sutures
- Changing dressings
- Requesting prescription refills on behalf of the patient
Medical assistants may also be cross-trained to help with administrative responsibilities. This streamlines the flow of front-of-house responsibilities. Such tasks may include:
- Answering phones
- Scheduling appointments
- Updating patient information
- Arranging hospital admissions and lab services
- Handling correspondence
Jobs for Medical Assistants in Ann Arbor MI
Thanks to their wide range of skills, medical assistants can work in a variety of positions. Some of the career paths our graduates have taken include:
- Medical office assistant
- EKG technician
- Phlebotomy technician
- Laboratory assistant
- Medical technician
Why Enroll in Our Online Medical Assistant Program?
At Career Quest, we not only teach students necessary technical skills, but we also provide career training and job assistance that will prepare them to enter the workforce. Here are just some of the ways Career Quest differs from other career training schools:
- Accredited career college: Career Quest is an accredited institute. This in itself offers many benefits, one of which is offering financial aid to eligible students.
- Long record of career training success: We have been training professionals in Michigan for over 25 years.
- No general education classes: All the classes included in our online medical assistant program directly relate to the real world. No “fluff” classes are included in this program.
- Career Services Department: Whether help is needed writing a resumé or finding a job after graduation, our Career Services team is here to help, no matter how long ago a student graduated.
Enroll in Our Medical Assistant Program near Ann Arbor MI Today
Are you ready to enter the workforce and make a positive change within the community? Working as a medical assistant can help you find long-term success. Our online medical assistant program is now open for enrollment, so don’t wait any longer to contact our Admissions team to enroll today!