I am a completely different person than when I started my program. I have so much more confidence now.
Medical Assistant Program Grand Rapids Michigan
Posted: January 4, 2021
The healthcare field is ever-growing and full of exciting opportunities. For those looking to join the healthcare field, earning a medical assistant certificate is the first step to achieving long-term career success.
Career Quest Learning Centers is an online medical assistant school near Grand Rapids, MI. Here, our industry-experienced instructors prepare students to enter the workforce in as little as 8 months!
What Is a Medical Assistant?
A medical assistant is a valued member of any medical practice. They perform a variety of tasks, including administrative and clinical, to help keep exams running smoothly. Medical assistants can work in any number of healthcare settings, including doctor’s offices, hospitals, assisted-living facilities, private practices, and more.
Medical assistants may perform administrative duties to assist the front of staff at a practice. Some of these duties may include:
- Answering phones
- Scheduling appointments
- Updating patient information
- Arranging hospital and lab visits
- Handling correspondence
Medical assistants can also work alongside physicians by performing clinical responsibilities. Some of these responsibilities may include:
- Recording medical histories
- Preparing the patient for the exam
- Drawing blood
- Performing electrocardiograms
- Removing sutures
Potential Jobs as a Medical Assistant
Thanks to their vast knowledge, medical assistants can follow several different career paths within the healthcare field. Some of the paths our graduates have taken include:
- Medical office assistant
- EKG technician
- Phlebotomy technician
- Laboratory assistant
- Medical technician
Why Enroll in Our Online Medical Assistant School near Grand Rapids MI?
Our online medical assistant program is the jumpstart needed to set students up for long-term career success. These programs provide the foundation needed to succeed while also preparing students for employment.
This is accomplished through our in-depth courses, like:
- Allied healthcare procedures
- Anatomy and physiology
- Administrative compliance
- Medical assisting procedures
Enhanced Education with Additional Medical Assistant Certificates
In addition to earning a medical assistant certification, we offer several in-house, industry-recognized certificates. These medical assistant certificates let future employers know you have the knowledge needed to excel in your chosen career.
Some of the certificates students may be eligible to earn in tandem with their diploma include:
- Electronic health records specialist
- CPR and basic life support
- EKG technician
- Phlebotomy technician
- Medical assistant
Students will also participate in an externship before graduating. This real-world work experience not only provides students with hands-on opportunities, but it’s also a great way to network and create professional relationships.
What Sets Career Quest Apart?
At Career Quest, we believe that we’re only successful if our students are successful. That’s why we offer professional assistance that extends beyond the classroom:
- Open door policy, so students feel comfortable talking with either their instructors or admissions counselor when questions arise.
- Financial aid and tuition discounts for eligible students.
- No “fluff” classes included in your online program.
- Specially designed curriculum that reflects what employers are looking for today.
- Straightforward class scheduling, since we’ll map out a clear education plan.
- Professional development with our Career Services Department team, including job interview tips, resumé writing, and lifetime job placement assistance for graduates.
Enroll in Our Medical Assistant School near Grand Rapids MI Today
Earning a medical assistant certification is the first step to achieve long-term career success in the rewarding healthcare field. Thanks to our online program, students can earn their certificate in as little as 8 months!
Class enrollment is now open. Don’t wait to get started. Contact our Admissions team to enroll today!