I have pride in what I’ve been able to accomplish—Career Quest has given me all that and then some.
What Would I Like About Being a Medical Assistant?
Posted: March 7, 2017
Do you want to do important work where you get to help others every day? You might enjoy a career as a Medical Assistant. Check out our 5 reasons why you would like this rewarding career.
1. Medical knowledge: As a Medical Assistant, you’d know the basics of anatomy and physiology and how all our bodily systems work together to keep us well—and what happens when they don’t. You’d know how to take vital signs like temperature, pulse, and blood pressure. And understand what all those numbers really mean. You’d also know how to do first aid and perform CPR. Imagine being the one person of all your friends who could actually save a life?
2. Team member: You could be an important member of a healthcare team. You’d work with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare staff. And you’d get to contribute to the team every day. Teamwork in healthcare is vital. It fosters good communication, prevents mistakes, and helps provide the best possible care to patients.
3. Great industry: Healthcare is a multi-trillion dollar industry expected to grow into the future, especially as baby boomers age. You’d be part of a respected industry with room to contribute and grow your career.
4. Professional relationships: Whatever profession you choose, you’ll spend a lot of time with your coworkers. You’ll want to be among people who care as much as you do. That team atmosphere will help you build relationships and friendships that could last a lifetime. As you connect with others at work, and learn what they do, you could even explore other healthcare opportunities. Where could your Medical Assistant career lead you?
5. Patient impact: The best part of your Medical Assisting career would be that what you did would really matter. You’d get to know all kinds of people and help them feel better when they need it most. You’d also be a great help to all those medical professionals who diagnose patients, run tests, perform treatments, and help them get better. Wow! That’s a pretty impressive impact.
If you’d like to learn more about the career of a Medical Assistant, check out Career Quest Learning Centers. You could complete our Medical Assistant Diploma Program in as little as eight months. What are you waiting for? Give us a call in Mt. Pleasant at 877-345-8505, Jackson at 877-365-8144, and in Lansing at 877-481-4930.