Healthcare Training in Michigan
Patients can only receive the best care possible with the smooth operation of medical and health insurance offices. Doctors and nurses work tremendously hard, but these providers need a strong, qualified administrative team to do their best work.
Are you interested in finding a more rewarding career–perhaps one that helps provide patients with the healthcare experience they deserve? The medical billing and coding training program from Career Quest Learning Centers, offered at the Lansing, Jackson, and Mt. Pleasant campuses, can be completed in just eight months!
What to Expect from Our Program
Our medical billing and coding training program will teach you how to perform the tasks necessary to ensure smooth healthcare operations. Learn the fundamentals of electronic medical recordkeeping as well as medical coding and billing.
In addition to these skills, our program dives into anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology along with government regulations, such as OSHA and HIPAA. Our dedicated, industry-experienced instructors provide hands-on lessons in classes of 25 students or less to ensure you have an opportunity for success.
Knowing how to apply this knowledge in a real-world setting is a necessity to thrive in your new career. Our team can connect students with externships to provide them an opportunity to put their new skills in action.
Possible Medical Billing and Coding Careers
Most medical billing and coding professionals work full time and can work in a variety of settings, such as physicians’ offices, hospitals, and more. Popular roles include:
- Medical office receptionist
- Health insurance processor
- Billing/coding specialist
- Medical records and health information technician
Potential Certifications from Career Quest's Medical Billing and Coding Program1,2
- CPR and Basic Life Support
- Billing and Coding Specialist
- EKG Technician
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Electronic Health Records Specialist
How Career Queset Does It Differently
While we are an accredited college, our team does things a bit differently than your traditional university. When you enroll with us, you’ll have numerous advantages at your disposal.
- Relevant Coursework: You’ll find no “general education” courses here—only the most relevant studies so you can complete your certificate in eight months!
- Blended Learning: A mix of online and in-person classes makes it easier to fulfill outside obligations, such as a job or family care.
- Job Placement Assistance: Our Career Services Department can help you build your resume, perform mock interviews, and find suitable job postings.
Is Healthcare Career Training Right for You?
Want to know if healthcare career training is the best fit for your lifestyle? Our fun, online quiz takes three minutes to complete and offers a personalized report.
Find a Career That Allows You to Make a Difference in the Lives of Others
There’s no reason to settle for an uninspiring job when you could flourish in an exciting and in-demand career. Our team is ready to help you unlock your hidden potential!
Contact Career Quest Learning Centers in Lansing, Jackson, or Mt. Pleasant to learn more about our Medical Billing and Coding training program.
1 To qualify, applicants must have earned a High School Diploma or GED from a recognized school.
2 Certifications are subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of Career Quest.