Train for a Career in the Growing Field of Eye Care
Career Quest's Ophthalmic Assistant Diploma program is an 8-month training program that prepares you for a successful career in the eye care field. Your knowledge will put you in a strong position to get an entry-level job in eye care clinics and offices.
Greater need nationally for optical services means more opportunity for employment. Our program includes an externship in an eye care facility, providing real world work experience prior to graduation.
Upon completing our Ophthalmic Assistant Diploma program, graduates are proficient in the basics of eye exams, occular testing, eye anatomy and administrative office functions positioning them for the best ophthalmic assistant jobs.
- Ocular anatomy and pathology of eyes
- Taking ocular measurements and pressures
- Occular imaging
- Occular pharmacology
- Obtain ocular, medical and family history
- Perform basic eye exams
- Medical ethics, terminology, legal and regulatory issues
- Microsoft Office, office admin, billing and coding basic
- Ophthalmic Assistant
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) extensive clinical hours required before student is eligible to sit for the certification