Prepare for a Career in the Growing Field of Eye Care
Career Quest's Ophthalmic Assistant training program prepares you for a successful career in the eye care field in as little as 8 months. Your knowledge will put you in a strong position to get an entry-level job in eye care clinics and offices.
Greater need nationally for optical services means more opportunity for employment. Our ophthalmic assistant training program includes an externship in an eye care facility, providing real world work experience prior to graduation.
Upon completing our ophthalmic assistant training program, graduates are proficient in the basics of eye exams, ocular testing, eye anatomy and administrative office functions positioning them for the best ophthalmic assistant jobs.
- Ocular anatomy and pathology of eyes
- Taking ocular measurements and pressures
- Ocular imaging
- Ocular pharmacology
- Obtain ocular, medical and family history
- Perform basic eye exams
- Medical ethics, terminology, legal and regulatory issues
- Microsoft Office, office admin, billing and coding basic
Is a Rewarding Career in Healthcare Right for You?
The fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Healthcare Career Training Readiness score now!
- Ophthalmic Assistant
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) extensive clinical hours required before student is eligible to sit for the certification