I love my job. I’ve never worked for a better employer ever. I would have never found this job without Career Quest.
Ophthalmic Assistant Training MichiganDownload 2020 Catalog
Prepare for a Career in the Growing Field of Eye Care
Career Quest’s ophthalmic assistant training program prepares you for a successful career in the eye care field in as little as 32 weeks. Your knowledge will put you in a strong position to get an entry-level job in eye care clinics and offices.
The national demand for optical services means more opportunity for employment. Our ophthalmic assistant training program includes an externship in an eye care facility, providing real-world work experience prior to graduation.
Upon completing our ophthalmic assistant training program, graduates are proficient in the basics of eye exams, ocular testing, eye anatomy, and administrative office work. With these knowledge and skills, you’ll be in a great position to land an ophthalmic assistant job.
Skills You’ll Learn in the Ophthalmic Assistant Program:
- Ocular anatomy and pathology of eyes
- Taking ocular measurements and pressures
- Ocular imaging
- Ocular pharmacology
- Obtain ocular, medical and family history
- Perform basic eye exams
- Medical ethics, terminology, legal and regulatory issues
- Microsoft Office, office admin, billing and coding basic
Possible career fields for the ophthalmic assistant training program include:
- Ophthalmic Assistant
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA): extensive clinical hours required before student is eligible to sit for the certification