Hands-on Learning from Industry Professionals
The Career Quest Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration diploma program was developed to train a new generation of HVAC-R technicians to meet the increasing demand for qualified professionals. In as little as a year, students can become proficient in the installation and maintenance of HVAC-R systems.
According to the HVAC-R Workforce Development Foundation: 115,000 HVAC-R technicians will be needed by 2022 to fill jobs (in the U.S. and Canada) due to anticipated growth in the industry and retirements, yet only 21,000 students graduated from post-secondary HVAC-R programs in 2015. This provides Career Quest HVAC-R students with strong employment opportunities today and into the future.
- Students are able to practice and master the new skills they’ve learned in textbooks and through lecture in the lab
- This combined approach builds knowledge retention and improves employability
- Installation and operation of residential heating and air conditioning systems
- Principles, practices, and uses of basic electricity related to HVAC systems
- Diagnose and repair domestic and commercial refrigeration systems, refrigerant recovery, reclamation, and recycling
- Sheet metal fabrication and installation
- Blueprint reading
- Field inspection of mechanical systems, including Michigan Mechanical Code