Teachers work with you so well and they get you to that goal. I feel like they really set you up for success.
HVAC-R School near Me Lansing MI
If you’re looking for a hands-on career where you play an important role in the comfort of other people’s lives, starting a career in the trades can be the rewarding switch you seek. Thanks to Career Quest Learning Centers, you can enroll in a trade school, earn your certification, and enter the workforce in as little as 8 months.
Our HVAC-R program in Lansing, MI, is here to help you succeed and level up your professional life!
HVAC School and Training
As an HVAC-R technician, you’re qualified to install, maintain, and repair residential heating and cooling systems. Whether something’s not running at 100 percent or someone’s looking to keep their HVAC system running in good health, you’re the go-to person.
In order to learn everything there is to know about these heating and cooling systems, attending an HVAC school is necessary. At our school, you’ll learn essential HVAC skills, such as:
- Heating and cooling basics
- Circuit control
- Blueprint reading
- Mechanical code
These skills can help you find an entry-level HVAC career that will provide career stability.
What You’ll Learn in Our HVAC Programs
Our HVAC courses take an in-depth look at everything you need to know in order to start your stable new career in the trades. Some of the courses in this program include:
- HVAC electrical systems
- Sheet metal fabrication
- Application mathematics
- Blueprint reading
- Mechanical code
HVAC Electrical Systems
Electricity plays an important role in HVAC. Students will need a strong understanding of these electrical systems before entering the workforce. This course introduces the types of electrical systems you’ll experience in HVAC. From there, you’ll take a closer look at how these electrical systems play a role in heating and cooling.
Topics in this course include:
- Electrical components
- Basic schematic diagrams
- AC and DC currents
- OHM’s Law applications
- Troubleshooting of failed HVAC equipment
Sheet Metal Fabrication
Ductwork is used to distribute airflow from the HVAC system throughout a home. As an HVAC technician, it’s your job to fit and install these duct systems to provide optimal airflow throughout the house. In this course, you’ll learn about:
- Various duct fitting and construction design
- Design, layout, and construction of sheet metal
- Properties of airflow and fluid systems
- Proper construction practices
- Fan performance
Some mathematics is involved when working as an HVAC technician. This applied mathematics course will prepare you to perform this necessary math by using:
- Whole numbers
- Mixed numbers
Unlike other math classes you may have previously taken, this course looks at the types of math you’ll experience every day at work. All examples in this course take a practical approach while providing real-world examples.
This course covers the calculations, functions, and equations that you’ll experience as an HVAC technician.
Blueprints are the tell-all of a house’s layout and design. When working on a new house or a house that’s undergoing a renovation, you’ll have to refer to blueprints. Blueprints are used to learn more about where ductwork and other HVAC systems will be placed. Blueprint reading is a must when it comes to working in the trades.
This course covers the following topics:
- Various types of blueprints
- Standard symbols and abbreviations
- How to comprehend blueprints
Whether installing, repairing, or maintaining an HVAC system, everything must adhere to proper mechanical code. In this mechanical code course, you’ll learn how to adhere to specific codes. This is achieved by covering various topics, such as:
- Michigan Mechanical Code
- Building Officials and Code Administrators (BOCA) Code
- Practical application of refrigerant recovery
- Reclamation and Recycling
How Long Is HVAC School?
Typically, HVAC school takes about two years to complete. However, when you enroll in our HVAC-R school in Lansing, MI, you’ll be a certified technician in as little as 8 months.
This is possible thanks to our industry-experienced instructors who teach the most relevant information. No general education courses—like history, English, or language classes—required. This helps with a quick turnaround time between enrolling and graduating.
Career Outlook for HVAC Technicians
By becoming a certified HVAC technician, you’ll reap the benefits of a lifelong career. After all, between 2019 and 2029, there’s a 4-percent growth rate projected in this field.1 This projection is a bit of peace of mind, as you can rest assured your new field is slated to grow—not shrink—in the next 10 years.
One reason for this growth is that you have the ability to work in several settings. You can also further your education by earning additional certifications that are offered through the HVAC-R program. With these certifications and credentials under your belt, you’ll be more marketable to employers.
Benefits of Enrolling in a HVAC-R School and Program
When you enroll with us, Career Quest provides many HVAC schooling benefits both in and out of the classroom:
- Financial aid to qualifying students: As an accredited college, we’re proud to provide federal and state aid for students that qualify. We can also provide grants and scholarships to qualified students. To determine your eligibility for aid, every student that enrolls will meet with a financial aid officer.
- Inclusive tuition: You’ll meet with a financial aid counselor when you apply. Together, you’ll create a personalized tuition budget that matches your specific needs. Thanks to our inclusive tuition, your personalized budget won’t change—your textbooks and lab equipment are already factored in!
- Personalized education: You’ll get the attention needed at Career Quest thanks to our intimate classroom setting. Each class will have 25 or fewer students, which includes both your traditional lecture and your lab classes.
- Career placement assistance: We have a Career Services Department that can help with everything from resume building to mock interviews and career placement assistance. This way, you’ll feel more prepared when it comes time to start your career.
We pride ourselves on your success. Our belief is that we don’t succeed unless you do!
Enroll in Our HVAC-R School and Program in Lansing MI
Ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work? Want to work with your hands every day in a career field that offers long-term career growth? Working as an HVAC technician sounds perfect for your needs. Before you can get to work as an HVAC technician, you must first earn your professional HVAC certification.
If you’re ready to take the first step to improving your professional life, don’t wait any longer to enroll in our HVAC-R school in Lansing, MI. Our programs start every five weeks, so it’s always the right time to start your career training. With our help, you’ll be ready to start your new career in as little as 8 months.
Don’t wait any longer—enroll with Career Quest today!