When Career Quest interns come to my office, they’re prepared clinically for the technical work we want them to do.
Medical Assistant Online Programs Lansing MI
Interested in pursuing a fast-paced career that’s sure to keep you on your toes? If so, becoming a medical assistant may be the career choice for you. At Career Quest Learning Centers, we’re proud to help you find yourself in your new career in as little as 35 weeks thanks to our highly relevant coursework.
What makes our medical assistant program near Lansing, MI, even better is that it can be completed online! This way, learning is done completely on your terms and according to your schedule.
Online Medical Assistant Program
Whether you’re currently working a job and can’t make it to in-person classes or you prefer to learn from the comfort and safety of your own home, our online medical program prepares you to enter your entry-level position as a medical assistant in less than a year.
During your course enrollment, you’ll learn the basic skills needed to develop a strong foundation within your new role. Some areas of focus include:
- Medical terminology
- Anatomy and physiology
- Administrative compliance
- And much more!
Students will also gain employment preparation through our assistance with job search skills, applications, and more.
Students gain real-world experience before graduating!
Having the textbook knowledge is essential to building a resume and starting your new career but adding real-world experience can help you stand out even more. That’s why all students will participate in an externship before graduating.
These externships often occur with our employment partners. During your externship, you’ll gain hands-on experience in a professional setting, which is great to add to your resume. What’s even better is that you’ll already have a foot in the door for potential employment.
Life of a Medical Assistant
No two days as a medical assistant will be the same. Some days, you’ll be assisting physicians during exams and treatments. On other days, you’ll be performing administrative work to help the medical billers and coders.
Thanks to your diverse background in the healthcare field, you’ll quickly become a valued member of the team.
Want to become even more of an asset to the practice you work at? Consider earning a healthcare certification. Some potential certifications include:
- EKG Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- CPR and Basic Life Support
Benefits of Career Quest
When you enroll in our online medical assistant program, you gain access to many benefits. On top of a well-rounded education and real-world experience, you’ll also have access to:
- Financial aid to qualifying students: When you apply to Career Quest, you’ll have a meeting with one of our financial advisors to determine eligibility for aid. All students who qualify will receive state and/or federal student aid.
- Career Services: Our instructors help point you in the right direction for career search skills, but our Career Services Center is here to provide further assistance with mock interviews, networking opportunities, and more. Plus, if your internet is down when you’re trying to study, our Career Services Center in Lansing, MI, has free Wi-Fi!
- Relevant coursework: The reason you can become a medical assistant in as little as 35 weeks is because we don’t offer “general education” courses. You won’t have to take history, English, math, or any other general study courses outside of your medical assistant classes.
Starting a new career is an exciting adventure. We can’t wait to be by your side and cheer you on the whole time. With enrollment now open for our online medical assistant program, there’s no better time to take the first step to a rewarding career.
Enroll in our medical assistant online program today!