I thought, why not go back to school and be able to help a family, give them that comfort that I received?
Medical Assistant School Lansing MI
Do you need a medical assistant school in Lansing, Michigan, with a quick turnaround? The curriculum at Career Quest Learning Centers is designed so you can earn your medical assistant certification in as little as 8 months!
We offer an accredited college alternative for working adults. Even if you have a family at home or are currently working a full-time job, our programs are built to fit into your schedule.
Reach out to our team if you’re ready to take your professional life to new heights.
What Do Medical Assistants Do?
If you’ve ever been in a hospital, clinic, assisted living facility, or a similar healthcare environment, you may have interacted with a medical assistant. They work one on one with patients as well as doctors and nurses to provide quality medical care.
In diagnosing and treating patients, doctors and nurses need to know medical histories, vital signs, and other personal information about their patients. Medical assistants record this information and relay it to other medical staff throughout the day.
At Career Quest, you’ll learn these vital skills through both lectures and lab work, earning the hands-on experience you need to succeed in your new career.
Earn Your Certifications
There are numerous certifications you can earn during your medical assistant studies, with two of the biggest being the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) and Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) exams. The exam is available to students who meet certain criteria at no cost!
During your medical assistant education, you may also earn some of the following certifications:
- CPR and Basic Life Support
- Phlebotomy Technician
How Our Lansing Medical Assistant School Does It Differently
Some schools only teach you the information; Career Quest teaches you how to apply it. With our well-rounded curriculum—which includes both online and in-person work thanks to blended learning—students learn to think fast in the moment, so they know how to perform on the job.
The medical assistant role is an ideal first step into a rewarding healthcare career. With a medical assistant certificate, you’ll qualify for numerous entry level healthcare jobs in Michigan.
What other advantages are we offering our students?
- We have financial aid options for all who qualify.
- Students get five weeks of on-the-job experience with externships.
- Our class sizes are small with 25 students or less, so you get personalized attention.
- We offer job placement assistance to help you put together your resume and find local job postings.
There Are Many Medical Assistant Roles
“Medical assistant” isn’t the only title you can hold once you graduate. With your certificate, there are many possible roles you can work in, including a wealth of entry level healthcare jobs close to home.
- Medical Assistant: Support doctors and nurses by recording patient histories and vital signs among other things.
- Phlebotomy Technician: Draw blood used in testing and in transfusions for sick or injured patients.
- Medical Technician: Perform tests using blood, tissues, and other bodily components.
- EKG Technician: Run diagnostic tests and monitor blood pressure to keep your patients’ hearts healthy.
- Laboratory Assistant: Perform a wide range of analytical and clerical tasks in addition to preparing specimens for and running tests.
Become a Certified Medical Assistant in Lansing
No matter how busy your schedule is or what your educational background may be, our medical assistant school is happy to help you build a better life in Lansing. You can learn more about our program offerings by getting in touch with our team.