They personally know you and I think that’s the difference between a community college and Career Quest.
Medical Assistant School Mt. Pleasant MI
Mt. Pleasant residents interested in achieving a new level of career satisfaction can take the first steps with our team. Training at Career Quest Learning Centers ensures students can learn comprehensive course material quickly, allowing them to dive into a new role as fast as possible.
When enrolled at our medical assistant school in Mt. Pleasant, you can earn your certification in as little as 8 months! Want to get started? Contact our team when you’re ready.
What Does a Medical Assistant Do?
Doctors and nurses need a dedicated support staff to perform at their best. Medical assistants stand beside them in hospitals, clinics, assisted living communities, and other healthcare environments, playing a vital role in quality patient care.
Do you like hands-on work? That’s what the medical assistant role entails, and it’s something you’ll get to experience daily in our program. Through both lecture and lab-based learning, you’ll know how and when to apply your new technical skills.
Certifications you can potentially earn:
- CPR and Basic Life Support
- Phlebotomy Technician
Two major medical assistant certification exams are offered at the end of your program: The Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) or Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) certifications. The exam is available to students who meet certain criteria at no cost!
Medical Assistant Jobs in Michigan
After you graduate from our medical assistant school in Mt. Pleasant, you’ll have plenty of new roles to explore in Michigan. For example, past graduates have been employed by McLaren Healthcare and MidMichigan Health.
Potential roles open to our graduates include:
- Medical Assistant: Daily duties include taking patient vitals and medical histories—notes doctors and nurses will use to administer treatments.
- Phlebotomy Technician: You can draw blood from patients or from blood donors to later be used as testing samples or during transfusions.
- Medical Technician: You’ll be responsible for reviewing test results as well as the initial testing of blood, tissue, and other bodily components.
- EKG Technician: Daily duties include running diagnostic tests and monitoring patient blood pressure for doctor review.
- Laboratory Assistant: In addition to performing clerical and analytical tasks, laboratory assistants prepare specimens and run many tests themselves.
Career Quest Advantages
As an accredited school, we offer a college alternative built for working adults. Even if you have a family at home or are working a full-time job already, our flexible options can work for you.
- We offer fast turnaround. You can be trained for your new role in under one year.
- We have blended learning. Coursework can be completed both online and in person. Most students only have to come to campus just two days per week.
- We offer financial aid to all who qualify. This includes loans, grants, and numerous tuition discounts.
- We provide job placement assistance. We’ll help you through your job search process.
- We include externships in the curriculum. Get five weeks of real job experience before graduation.
Earn Your Medical Assistant Certification in Mt. Pleasant
If you like hands-on work, interacting with new people, and exercising your sense of compassion every day, the medical assistant program may be right for you. Career Quest Learning Centers is nearby to provide you the comprehensive medical assistant schooling you’re looking for in Mt. Pleasant, MI.
Contact our team to start your enrollment today!