I decided to go to school so that I knew my son would have a secured future.
Medical Certification School Jackson Michigan
If improving the lives of others, enhancing the community, and leaving a positive impact on the world are dreams of yours, entering the exciting healthcare field is what you need. Here at Career Quest Learning Centers, we offer several different healthcare programs and certifications or degrees that can help you find the entry-level position that’s right for you.
For those in and around Jackson, MI, you won’t have to travel far at all since we have a medical certification school in town. What’s even better is that you can study right from the comfort and safety of your own home with our online courses!
The Healthcare Field Awaits
Entering the healthcare field opens up several opportunities for your new career. You can become a phlebotomist, an EKG technician, an ophthalmic assistant, and much more when enrolling with us. At Career Quest, we offer several medical programs that can be completed in as little as 8 months—most online! Our Jackson healthcare programs include:
- Medical Assistant (Offered online and at Jackson campus)
- Medical Billing & Coding (Offered online and at Jackson campus)
- Medical Office Administration (Offered online and at Jackson campus)
Earning a medical certification online at our Jackson-area career training school sets you up for a lifetime of career success!
A Closer Look at Our In-Person and Online Medical Programs
At Career Quest, we provide hands-on education for both our Jackson, MI, and online students. After completing one of our medical certification programs, you’ll be prepared to start your rewarding career in the healthcare field.
Let’s take a closer look at some of our programs and what life after graduation may look like in each role!
What Is a Medical Assistant?
A medical assistant is someone who provides both administrative and clinical assistance at a medical practice. This could include doctor’s offices, hospitals, private practices, or assisted living facilities. The job of a medical assistant is to provide support to the staff in order to keep things running smoothly.
Front-Office Support: Administrative Responsibilities
Patients are calling and stopping into the office throughout the day. Medical assistants help keep the flow of people and calls to a manageable level and pace by providing front-office support. Some of the administrative tasks you may perform as a medical assistant could include:
- Answering phones
- Scheduling appointments
- Updating patient information
- Filing medical records
- Handling correspondence
Physician Support: Clinical Responsibilities
A large portion of medical assistant training includes clinical training. After all, medical assistants help the physician before, during, and after an exam. Some of the clinical responsibilities include:
- Taking medical histories
- Recording patient vitals
- Collecting lab specimens and running basic lab tests
- Taking electrocardiograms
- Removing sutures
- Requesting prescription refills on behalf of the patient
What Is Medical Billing & Coding?
Medical billing and coding is the perfect career for those who love using their analytical skills to better the community. Medical billers & coders are often behind-the-scenes employees who play a significant role in the stability of a practice. In fact, they ensure all employees are properly compensated by handling insurance reimbursements and patient payments.
Medical billing & coding are two different roles but are often performed by the same employee because these roles work side by side. Let’s take a look!
Transcribing Reports: Medical Coder Tasks
There’s one universal medical language, and it’s up to the medical coder to translate and learn all exam notes into this code. Every symptom, diagnosis, and procedure has its own combination of numeric and alphanumeric code.
A day as a medical coder could look something like this:
- Reading the medical report provided by the physician
- Transcribing patient symptoms, diagnoses, and other information into a universal medical code
- Preparing this report for the medical biller
Creating a Claim: Medical Billing Tasks
Once a patient’s visit has been transcribed into the universal medical code, it’s up to the medical biller to send this information to the patient’s insurance company. This is to request reimbursement that wasn’t covered from the patient’s copay.
Some of the daily responsibilities of a medical biller include:
- Generating accurate payments for the patient after the exam
- Reading the transcribed medical report
- Creating an insurance claim
In some cases, an insurance company will reimburse the practice for a portion of the claim. When the full claim is paid, the medical biller will send an invoice to the patient to collect the rest of the claim.
What Does a Medical Office Administrator Do?
Medical office administrators are masters of the front office. As a medical office administrator, you’ll provide administrative support to the entire healthcare practice. While medical office administrators don’t provide hands-on clinical care, having a strong understanding of anatomy and medical terminology is a bonus.
Some of the daily tasks a medical office administrator may perform include:
- Checking patients in and out
- Scheduling appointments
- Updating medical charts
- Transferring lab results to the appropriate party
- Processing insurance claims
- Stocking and maintaining office supplies
- Maintaining appearance of office
Our Medical Certifications in Jackson
On top of earning your certification or degree, our medical certification school in Jackson offers many in-house and industry-recognized certifications that will further enhance your skillset in the healthcare field. Some of the extra certifications you can earn include:
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- Certified Billing & Coding Specialist
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician
- Certified Electrocardiogram Technician
These are only a few of the many additional certifications you can earn while studying either at our Jackson, MI, campus or online.
Why Enroll at Career Quest?
When you enroll in one of our medical certification programs, our entire team is here to help you succeed. From our industry-experienced instructors teaching relevant information to our Career Services Department helping with everything from resume writing to mock interviews, we here at Career Quest do everything we can to help you succeed in your new field.
Some of the benefits of enrolling with us include:
- Flexible learning: At Career Quest, we want your education to fit seamlessly into your daily routine—and that’s why we offer flexible learning options. Many of our programs have the option to learn either completely at home through online schooling or in-person at our Jackson, MI, location.
- Personalized attention: Our classes consist of 25 or fewer students. This way, you’ll get the attention you need from our instructors.
- Financial aid to eligible students: All students upon enrolling will meet with one of our financial aid advisors who will determine your eligibility for financial aid. All who qualify can apply for federal and/or state aid.
- Externship opportunity: To help you gain real-world experience that’ll look great on a resume before graduating, we offer externship opportunities for our medical students!
Jump-Start Your Career Today at Our Medical Certification School in Jackson Michigan
With flexible and online learning opportunities in nearly all of our medical certification classes and enrollment open now, there’s no better time to jump-start your career by enrolling in one of our healthcare programs.
To earn your medical certification in as little as 8 months, enroll at Career Quest today!